Join the Conversation. Or Start One Yourself
Social media is a powerful tool for building a fan base and increasing awareness of your author brand. It’s a critical part of your author platform and a primary vehicle for: Building a brand
- Connecting with followers/potential book buyers
- Building relationships with influencers
- Increasing visibility for you and your book(s)
- Creating “buzz” (particularly for pre-release titles)
- Reigniting public interest in books that have already enjoyed their first wave of coverage
- Calling attention to your book and expertise when your subject matter is in the news or when your book’s biggest sales season is about to begin
Social media can also be overwhelming, as each “channel” (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Medium, and StumbleUpon) has its own interface, features, and functionality. Each also requires you to create content in different formats and gain different groups of followers/friends. We can guide you through the intricacies and mechanics of working effectively with each of the channels you choose to include in your overall author platform.
Programs Matched to Your Needs and Budget
AuthorBytes offers a number of approaches to help you use social media effectively, ranging from basic “how to” post information to comprehensive strategy development and implementation via:
One-on-One Consultation. If you’re not currently using social media, or you’re using it in a limited fashion, we’ll provide phone/screen share training that will get you in the game. You can purchase blocks of consulting time that match your schedule and resources.
Social Media Audits. Do you want to boost your effectiveness in the social media sphere? We’ll analyze your current social media activity for Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and either Pinterest or Instagram, and provide specific recommendations for improvement, as well as plenty of practical tips and tricks to optimize your time.
Blog Audit and Optimization. Blogs are terrific brand building tools in and of themselves (if you add new, relevant content on a regular basis and write with keywords in mind). Most importantly, fresh blog content helps your overall visibility on search engines. Blogs also provide steady streams of fresh content to share on Twitter, Facebook, and other channels. AuthorBytes social media experts can provide guidance for creating more compelling posts suited for sharing on social media.
Channel Management. If you’re serious about social media, but don’t have the time or knowledge to use it as an effective brand-building tool, we have a comprehensive program that includes:
- Optimizing your current social media accounts, and setting up and optimizing additional accounts (e.g., you have a Twitter and Facebook account but don’t currently use Google+).
- Developing a keyword strategy and a content strategy (using content from your books, articles, and blogs) and balancing it with content that you “curate” from around the Web.
- Formatting your posts for each social media channel.
- Optimizing your blog(s) for social media sharing and improving SEO.
- Scheduling your posts through automation software, and posting for you during the first month.
- Growing your base using software tools to locate and vet potential followers. (Note: this does NOT mean purchasing followers, a practice that is against the terms of service of all social media channels. Moreover, fake followers do you no good.)
- Finally, we’ll assess your success through various metrics and report our findings to you.
After the first month, we can continue posting for you, switch to a limited posting basis, or train you so that you can take over your own account management.
Ready to step up your social media presence? Contact AuthorBytes today!
AuthorBytes: Everything Authors Need to Shine Online™